With echoes of traditional Mediterranean awnings, the BQN has durable materials and quality construction under its sheath of classic awning style. Ideal for patios, decks, swimming pools, hot tubs, sliding glass doors, French doors, and large windows, where energy efficiency is a welcome benefit.
That one word sums up the BQN retractable awning. It has a classic profile, the lines of the fabric and the simple, two or more arm frames echoing the old linen awnings that lined the Mediterranean shore hundreds of years ago.
In the old days at sea, linen awnings supplied shade in an unrelenting sun. The BQN retractable awning satisfies the same energy-aware function: it provides passive cooling and both interior and exterior shade. Stopping the sun before it reaches the inside of a home or building prevents radiant heat build-up and is even more effective at reducing the need for air conditioning.
The BQN wears its old school style over the bones of modern engineering. The frame is lightweight, powder-coated aluminum, which resists both rust and chips and cracks in the smooth sheen of the pigment. The fabric is specially developed solution-dyed acrylic, a soft textile that moves with the snap of cotton and is a long-lived synthetic.
The BQN awning with our exclusive Kevlar straps can extend up to 40 feet wide and 12 foot projection, while nylon front bar attachments provide added strength. Intermediate supports are used on awnings larger than 16 feet wide.
All retractable awnings are installed at an angle; this allows for minimal runoff in light rain and prevents water from pooling. The angle also affects the amount of shade coverage. This angle is normally determined by how high the awning is installed and requires striking a balance between shade and pitch. The BQN retractable awning has an optional crank that can adjust the pitch of the awning, so the angle can be flattened out to provide inches of additional shade in peak sun and the pitch can be increased to improve rain runoff on wet days. (The adjustable pitch crank is available on BQN awnings up to 20 feet wide and 10'6" projection.)
- Minimum width: 6 feet 4 inches
- Maximum width: 40 feet
- Available projections:
- 5 feet, 6 inches
- 7 feet
- 8 feet, 10 inches
- 10 feet, 6 inches
- 12 feet
FEATURES, OPTIONS, ACCESSORIES
- In-tube, self-lubricating motors
- Kevlar strap elbows (our exclusive) – strong enough to be bulletproof and completely rust and corrosion proof, unlike most steel cables; with rustproof carbon steel springs in the retractable arms
- Lightweight, commercial-quality electrostatically powder-coated aluminum awning frames
- Optional retractable awning hood, for additional protection
- Eurolab tested and TÜV product approved
- Stainless steel, rustproof assembly hardware
- Patented hex bolt system to adjust the arm pitch
- Exterior or interior wall switch
- Motion sensor
- Wind sensor (with automatic re-opening)
- Sun sensor
- Rain sensor
FABRICS AND COLORS
Whatever the color, stripe, or pattern you can imagine, New View Retractable Awnings has a fabric that captures your personal style. New View Retractable Awnings has a complete line of solution-dyed acrylic fabrics:
- Over 500 solution-dyed acrylic fabric options.
- Major fabric design companies – Para, Dickson, Sattler and Sunbrella
- Up to 10 years warranty against fading, rotting or mildew; length varies depending on the manufacturer
- Mildew-resistant and fade-resistant
- Beneficial for blocking UV rays
- Free swatches available upon request
BQN frames are electrostatically powder-coated aluminum. These frames are available in two colors:
Soffit, beam, or eave